I'm Beginning to Hate Facebook

I really am...with a passion. Unfortunately, I'm addicted to it, and I guess like all addictions, the very same thing that you love soon becomes an idol of loathing. What started out as a simple way to keep in contact with all of my friends has been bastardized into the very activity that I seek to avoid in everyday life. Mainly, a sense of responsibility to remain in contact with people whom I don't wish to know, and an unhealthy preoccupation with the affairs of others. This age of electronic addiction, and constant "connectedness" in a disconnected culture is at once comfortable and completely unsettling. As I spend an inordinate amount of time on Facebook, texting or emailing, I am deeply saddened that instead of feeling more and more a part of the real world, I feel surprisingly more and more removed from it. I also, consequently, find it vaguely ironic that I am even spending the time writing this blog. Nobody reads these things anyway. Except you...loser. :p

0 comments:

Post a Comment