Eat Pray Love It


I don't normally write book reviews (and I'm not going to start here) but I am compelled to say (which is a quite unsettling, yet pleasant, feeling) that this book has really opened me up to some issues about myself which needed to be addressed. I often let myself drift and become entangled amongst many pervasive and destructive thoughts throughout the day which I have been allowing to take the place of the more necessary, positive ones. Perhaps it's the result of too much reality TV, LA traffic or a trivial job, but many of my recent days have been spent grumbling over issues that deserve as much attention as Bernie Madoff's daily, dessert selection. Controlling one's own thoughts is not a new idea, but I can't help but feel like I have gained a new understanding of its importance and necessity in my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment